|IN MEMORY OF VIOLET.......
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ
WHAT COULD KILL YOUR DOG or PUPPY.
Also, many of these things are toxic to cats and children too.......
|Violet was my little rescue pug. She came to live with me when she was 5.5
months old. Nobody wanted her because in some people's eyes they did not
view her as perfect. She had an eye that would wander.......this made her all
the more endearing to me. She was my precious little baby girl. She crossed
over the "Rainbow Bridge" on 1/14/12. She was 3.5 years old....much too
young to die. I had her for three years. I learned a great deal from her and it is
because of her that I started the company.
I tried to bell train her for her to notify me when she needed to go outside to
do her business, but she was afraid of the bell noise. So, I thought, if you are
going to go in the house I am going to teach you where you are to do your
business. This was the start of the Rascal Dog Litter Box Company.
Violet ate a penny at some point. Of course, one would always worry about
choking, or bowel obstruction with any foreign object. Violet swallowed the
penny just fine. I have no idea where or when she picked up the penny. The
penny caused her liver and kidneys to start to shut down. She had
emergency surgery, which she survived, but her liver and kidneys could not
catch up, the damage had been done. She died while in an oxygen tank and
me holding her head and talking to her........a memory I will never forget.
Please review the list of toxins. This list is items that I could find on the
Internet. Any penny minted after 1981 is toxic!!!!
Please keep your little one safe so that you do not have to endure the grief
and sorrow that I have........May your dog or puppy live a long and healthy life.
Tricia and the memory of my sweet little Violet.
Some people dream of seeing angels, I have held them
in my arms..........my little Rascal, Snoopy and Violet.
I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to go to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you wiped away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here"
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour your tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said, "It's me".
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away"
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew......
In the stillness of that evening. I was very close to you.
The day is over.....I smile and watch you yawning
and say "Goodnight, God Bless, I'll see you in the morning.
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...........then come home to me.
|My beautiful little angel...........
Rest in peace........I love you......
I will see you again.
|PLEASE KEEP YOUR
LITTLE ONE SAFE!!!!
Most of these items apply to dogs and cats and some are to children. This may not
be a complete list, but they are items I found on the INTERNET that are toxic.
Mushrooms, Walnuts, Grapes/Raisins, Macadamia Nuts, Chocolate,
Garlic, Onions, Nicotine, Sugar Free Gum
Acids, such as drain or toilet cleaners.
Drain and toilet cleaners
Bleach/Fabric Softener Sheets
Any glow jewelry or toys.
Ice melt products that contain sodium or salt like materials.
Paint solvents and lacquers
Coins, especially pennies minted after 1981.
Pine oils/essential oils
Solvents such as cleaners to remove grease, oil, grime
WATCH FOR ELECTRICAL WIRES!!! PUPPIES LOVE TO CHEW ON THESE!!!!!
ONLY LET YOUR LITTLE ONE PLAY WITH TOYS THAT ARE FILLED WITH STUFFING
UNDER YOUR SUPERVISION!!!! IF A STUFFED TOP RIPS OPEN, THROW IT AWAY!!!
Many of the toys that are filled with a stuffing have a fire retardant on the fiber
filling. It will cause the kidneys to fail!!!
Try to purchase toys without stuffing and plastic ones!!!
BEWARE OF OWLS, HAWKS, COYOTES AND FOXES!!!!!
THEY WILL COME DOWN AND TAKE LITTLE ONE AWAY FOR A GRUESOME DEATH!
IF YOU TAKE YOUR DOG OR PUPPY OUTSIDE, KEEP HIM OR HER ON A LEASH!!
I CANT NOT EVEN IMAGINE WATCHING MY DOG BEING SWOOPED UP AND TAKEN
AWAY! It MAKES ME SHUDDER!!!! I HAVE HEARD FROM NUMEROUS CUSTOMERS
THAT THEY HAVE LOST THEIR BELOVED DOG OR PUPPY THIS WAY!!!!!!
|I adopted a special
needs dog. I namd her
Naples as she was
found roaming the
DOG FROM A
So mamy dogs need a
Violet was a rescue
dog....her life was cut
too short too soon. The
greatest gift that I
could give to her
another rescue dog.......
RIP MY SWEET VIOLET
YOUR TOYS, BOWLS,
AND MY LOVE ARE
NOW WITH NAPLES AND
When you look at these darling
miniature puppies please keep in
mnd that they are prone to a
medical emergency called
HYPOGLYCEMIA. The toy breed
puppy is frequently prone to this
condition. You may need to feed
your puppy 4-6 times daily to keep
a safe and healthy blood sugar
level. Soft puppy foods are often
needed as these puppies may not
be able to eat hard food. They
need extra warmth and it is
important that you make an
appointment with your veterinarian
for a “well-baby” check up
Consider that if these dogs are so
tiny as adults how tiny they must
be as newborn puppies. These
timy breeds tend to cut their baby
teeth in late and thus have trouble
chewing hard kibbled foods. They
also have difficulty maintaining
body temperature which promotes
listlessness as they get cold. Both
these factors combine into
reduced food intake and difficulty
keeping up normal blood sugar
levels. Low blood sugar
(hypoglycemia) creates even more
listlessness, incoordination (the
brain cannot burn fat or protein
and relies entirely on sugar), and
So you already have a toy breed
puppy. Remember how sensitive
to problems these puppies can be
so if your puppy is coughing, has
diarrhea, is vomiting, has appetite
loss (especially appetite loss!) or
seems listless waste no time in
seeing the vet.
Be sure your puppy is eating and
well. If possible, look in your
puppy’s mouth and see if there are
teeth present. In particular look for
the molars and premolars along
the sides of the mouth. These are
teeth needed for chewing and they
may come in late. This will not stop
your puppy from lapping up soft
food. Be sure the food you are
using is soft enough and that your
puppy will eat it.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU
THINK YOUR PUPPY IS
Hypoglycemia is an emergency.
The puppy will be listless maybe
even uncoordinated. In an
extreme case, the puppy will
become cold, will lose
consciousness and begin to have
seizures. For first aid, a small
amount of Karo syrup can be
rubbed on the gums. (It will absorb
through the gums; actual
swallowing is not necessary).
Beyond this and especially if the
puppy does not fully regain its
normal playful attitude, the puppy
should be rushed to an animal
hospital for treatment ASAP!!!!
In the hospital, the puppy will be
warmed and a blood sugar level
checked. If intravenous access is
possible, dextrose will be infused
directly into the blood stream.
Response is generally rapid once
sugar is supplied in this way and a
sugar drip or regular sugar
injections will be continued. But
the puppy has to reliably eat
before he can go home.
SO PREVENT THE MEDICAL
EMERGENCY AND FEED YOUR
PUPPY FREQUENTLY. KEEP THE
PUPPY WARM AND IF YOU LEAVE
THE PUPPY FOR SEVERAL HOURS
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LEFT A
BOWL OF FOOD FOR THE PUPPY!!!!
THIS INCLUDES LEAVING FOOD
FOR THE PUPPY WHILE YOU ARE
An abnormally low levels of blood
sugar (glucose) is hypoglycemia.
Glucose is the body's main
IT IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY IN
KNOW THE SIGNS AND